Monday, October 12, 2009

Behind The Name

I had a hard time coming up with a name for this blog. It really is harder than it seems. Naming things take a lot of thought, as most of you are well aware of. I looked at other blog names, I asked friend and I Googled cool blog names and I still had nothing. I was stressed.

And then, I was on Goodreads.com looking through quotes about books. I was reading them and one stuck out. The quote was so true and I knew at that moment I had to somehow use that quote to make my blog title.

What was the quote?
Who is it from?

Well, I'll tell you.



John Green, author of such books as Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns, is the owner of said quote and I thank him for writing such true words in his book, An Abundance of Katherines.

Here is what he wrote:

"Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back."

True, huh? It is a near perfect book statment and it was perfect for my blog title. Books are most definitely the ultimate Dumpees.

And now you know how my blog title came to be.

3 comments:

  1. OMG That's great! It's the perfect title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^I know, right?! I saw it and literally knew I had to use it. One of my fave quotes. I just gotta read the book now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius, I love it!

    And I meant to comment on that about forever ago too, lol

    ReplyDelete