Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Currently Reading 10/13/2009

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

 
Audrey Niffenegger's innovative debut, The Time Traveler's Wife, is the story of Clare, a beautiful art student, and Henry, an adventuresome librarian, who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-three and Henry thirty-one. Impossible but true, because Henry finds himself periodically displaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity from his life, past and future. His disappearances are spontaneous, his experiences unpredictable, alternately harrowing and amusing.

The Time Traveler's Wife depicts the effects of time travel on Henry and Clare's marriage and their passionate love for each other, as the story unfolds from both points of view. Clare and Henry attempt to live normal lives, pursuing familiar goals - steady jobs, good friends, children of their own. All of this is threatened by something they can neither prevent nor control, making their story intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.



I am on page 59 of 536 and I already love this book. I have so many hilarious quotes/lines to share when I'm done. I know Rachel McAdams is cast as Clare in the movie version and I 100% agree with that choice. Rachel is the perfect Clare, in my honest opinion. I love Rachel and I love Clare. She's so fiesty and clever. And understanding and smart. I've yet to get a good grasp on Henry but his point of view is witty, too. Most of the lines I've gathered are from his POV. But, yes, I love this book. I can't wait to finish it and then go watch the movie.






Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Sixth in the Anthony Award-winning Southern Vampire series.
Spiked with a frothy fusion of romance, mystery, and fantasy, this bestselling series sends the supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse to New Orleans, where she has to deal with the legacy of one of her own family and a host of potentially dangerous characters.





I have yet to start this but I will today. I've read the first 5 books of this series already and I loved them. Before I picked this book up from my library, I'd been waiting 3 weeks to get it, lol. Other people had it on hold before me and there was a freaking waiting list. The 7th book is still on hold, too. I think I'm number 5 on the list now. I know I'll go through this fast. I start reading and can't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment