Saturday, October 10, 2009

Desire Unchained Review


Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione


Pleasure is their ultimate weapon . . .

Runa Wagner never meant to fall in love with the sexy stranger who seemed to know her every deepest desire. But she couldn’t resist the unbelievable passion that burned between them, a passion that died when she discovered his betrayal and found herself forever changed. Now, determined to make Shade pay for the transformation that haunts her, Runa searches for him, only to be taken prisoner by his darkest enemy.

A Seminus Demon with a love-curse that threatens him with eternal torment, Shade hoped he’d seen the last of Runa and her irresistible charm. But when he wakes up in a dank dungeon chained next to an enraged and mysteriously powerful Runa, he realizes that her effect on him is more dangerous than ever. As their captor casts a spell that bonds them as lifemates, Shade and Runa must fight for their lives and their hearts—or succumb to a madman’s evil plans.




So, I read this in nearly one sitting. I got to like chapter 3 before heading off to the hospital to wait for my God-son to be born. I ended up getting to the 2nd to last chapter while waiting for him, lol. I finished the rest late last night and I looooved it. I almostdidn't want to get out of the hospital chair to go see the baby. Almost!

I remember reading that Runa was the heroine in this book and, it was just after reading Eidolon's book, so I wondered why in the hell she was back with Shade! Those who have read Pleasure Unbound will know why I wondered that.

I'm glad she came though because this was one whirl-wind romace. I thought Tayla gave Eidolon, wait until you see how hard of a time Runa gives Shade at first. Then the roles switch and it's Shade giving Runa the cold shoulder. Jeeze, such a complicated...but true and honest romance. Not even Shade could deny his love for Runa and it nearly cost him his very existence.

Besides the romance though, there were MAJOR shockers! One at the very beginning and one at the very, very end. I won't say which is the horrible one and which is the good one, you'll have to read it for yourselves. But I highly recommend you read this. It is amazing.

Plain and simple.

To read and excerpt from this book, go here and scroll down.

***FYI: I have updated my 2009 Book List with this book. At the end over every month I will post the full lsit of books I've read in the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment