Sunday, October 11, 2009

Currently Reading 10/11/2009



The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


A dazzling novel in the most untraditional fashion, this is the remarkable story of Henry DeTamble, a dashing, adventuresome librarian who travels involuntarily through time, and Clare Abshire, an artist whose life takes a natural sequential course. Henry and Clare's passionate love affair endures across a sea of time and captures the two lovers in an impossibly romantic trap, and it is Audrey Niffenegger's cinematic storytelling that makes the novel's unconventional chronology so vibrantly triumphant.

An enchanting debut and a spellbinding tale of fate and belief in the bonds of love, The Time Traveler's Wife is destined to captivate readers for years to come.





I literally just started this, so I don't really have anything to say about it so far but I have wanted to read this for quite a while. I've heard plenty of people talk about this book- how much they loved it, how amazing it was and how they would recommend it to everyone they came into contact with. I think the movie gave me a jump start. I loathe watching movies that came from books without reading the book first. I want to watch the movie, because I love Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams, so I picked up the book at the library so I could read it first. I did it with Twilight and the Harry Potter books, too.

Once I get into the book I'll add a quick post. Also, a review for Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione will be up soon. That's all for the Demonica series until January when the 4th book comes out. I'm hoping to start reading and reviewing some YA books now.

No comments:

Post a Comment