Monday, October 12, 2009

Passion Unleashed Review


Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione

Forbidden Temptations

Serena Kelley is an archaeologist and treasure hunter—and a woman with a secret. Since she was seven, she’s been the keeper of a powerful charm that grants her health and immortality . . . as long as she stays a virgin. But Serena isn’t all that innocent. And when a dangerously handsome stranger brings her to the brink of ecstasy, she wonders if she’s finally met the one man she cannot resist.

Fatal Desires

Wraith is a Seminus demon with a death wish. But when an old enemy poisons him, he must find Serena and persuade her to give him the only known antidote in the universe—her charm. Yet, as she begins to surrender to his seductions, and Wraith senses the cure is within his grasp, he realizes a horrible truth: he’s falling for the woman whose life he must take in order to save his own.



*jumps up and down* OMG, I loooved this book! I've waited to read it for days and it did NOT let me down. This is like my fave book of the series and I feel like a fangirl right now! I might have spoiled some things so be warned. I was just way too excited when I wrote this!!

All through the first two book I've read about Wraith, his bad attitude, his snark, and his horrible, chilling past, and it's made me itch to read his book. To read more about him, and why he says and does the things he does. And boy, did I get those questions answered.

Wraith is a very troubled vampire/demon. He was tortured, and nearly died at the hands of his very own vampire mother and their people. He's never taken to obeying rules, and he's always stirring up some kind of trouble.

At the beginning of the book something bad happens. Vague much? Lol. The something bad is life or death, and it forces Wraith to seek out a charm that will keep him alive. Easy, right?

No.

The charm is currently possessed by Serena, who is a special little human. Vague again, but it's so juicy you have to read it on your own. For Wraith to get the charm, he must sleep with Serena. Again, easy, right?

Not at all.

Serena is 1.) a virgin, and 2.) a human (we all know Wraith's issue with human females). Oh yeah, if she looses the charm she dies. Yep, no biggie.

That right there is enough drama, and suspence to keep you on your toes, but that's not all!!

Other things to look for? The hospital is falling apart. Eidolon and Shade have a scary sickness. The human race might die. Kynan gets a HUGE shock. Gem realizes she's not a doormat to be stepped on. The brothers as a whole get a HUGE shock. Wraith gets a HUGE surprise.

And, of course, we get to see the real Wraith. Awww, right?

There is a lot to look forward to in this book, and I'd suggest everyone read it. Right now. Really, go out, and buy it or borrow. If stealing wasn't illegal I'd say steal it, but it is against the law, so don't do that. Please.

To read an excerpt of Wraith's book, go here quickly and scroll down to the bottom.


**Yes, I am aware the URL says desire-unleashed-review. Forgive me. In my excitment, I made a typo, lol. I blame it on my boyfriend who came over and distracted me.

***FYI: I have updated my 2009 Book List with this book. At the end over every month I will post the full lsit of books I've read in the month.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to (((hug))) you! I'm so glad you've enjoyed these books! Fabulous review!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete