Thursday, October 22, 2009

Review: Wings by Aprilynne Pike


Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Summary:

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.


My thoughts:
Though the book started off kind of slow for me, I really enjoyed this book. It's a faery book, but it's a different kind of faery. Most faery books poke fun at the myths humans have about them, but this book pokes fun at those books who say they have it right. -I'll be shocked if anyone understands what I mean.- But this was an amazing books. It was really unique. The imagery that Pike conveyed was something that you'd only ever seen in your dreams. The way she describes the things the things she does, it's great.

I don't want to give away too many spoilers and secrets but one thing that I loved the most in this book was the way these faeries reproduced, lol. That might sound kinky or weird, but when you read the book and find out what kind of faeries these are you'll see what I mean. The whole thing is just...perfect. I never would have combined the two things that she did combine. Again, you'll understand what I mean when you read it.

And the romance(s). *winkwink* It's almost like The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, lol. I'm not sure if I'm Team Tamani or Team David. I'm torn but there is definitely some super romance in the book. Lots of tension. It's great. Can't wait to read about that in the sequel.

Overall this book was incredible. I'd recommend it to all faery lovers. I'd recommend it to all YA lovers, too. It's a great combination and a 5 start book. I cannot wait to read the second in this series.


Memorable Quote(s):

"Pollen?" (Laurel)
"Yeah, you know." He stared at his hands as if they had suddenly become very interesting." For...pollinating." (Tamani)

"Pollinating is for reproduction- sex is for fun." -Tamani

No comments:

Post a Comment