Thursday, October 29, 2009

Review :: The Summoning



The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

Chloe Saunders sees dead people. Yes, like in the films. The problem is, in real life saying you see ghosts gets you a one-way ticket to the psych ward. And at 15, all Chloe wants to do is fit in at school and maybe get a boy to notice her. But when a particularly violent ghost haunts her, she gets noticed for all the wrong reasons. Her seemingly crazed behaviour earns her a trip to Lyle House, a centre for 'disturbed teens'. At first Chloe is determined to keep her head down. But then her room mate disappears after confessing she has a poltergeist, and some of the other patients also seem to be manifesting paranormal behaviour. Could that be a coincidence? Or is Lyle House not quite what it seems...? Chloe realizes that if she doesn't uncover the truth, she could be destined for a lifetime in a psychiatric hospital. Or could her fate be even worse...? Can she trust her fellow students, and does she dare reveal her dark secret?



I started reading this right when I got my job and I found it hard to find the time to read. I almost, almost put this book down and decided to not read it but a friend of mine kept telling me it was a good read. So I picked it up one night...and read it all. I was so tired at work the next day but I could not stop talking about this book.

Thanks to me Toni and Lindsey will be reading this, lol.

This book was spectacular! The thing I loved the most is how well written and well hidden the mystery was. I could not for the life of me guess what was going on or who was behind it. I never would have guessed the big secret and the big shocker. I loved that the most. I hate books that are so easy to guess about. The Summoning is not one of those books.

I really cannot wait to read The Awakening. This book left with a cliffy and I'm itching to pick up the sequel. Luckily, I have it in my hands and I will read it soon.

** I know this review is kind of slack but I'm rushing to get ready for work, lol. I'll update it later with a good review.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the cliffhanger is amazing. I was really eager to read on as well. The Awakening is really great as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to peace n love in the world
    God is always with us. May the peace and prosperity of the world can be created. Indonesia We invite bloggers to participate reconciling the world. We finished all the hostility and war that had happened. Indonesian peace-loving
    Regards :
    kerja keras adalah energi kita
    kerja keras adalah energi kita


    http://percetakan-design.blogspot.com/2009/10/kerja-keras-adalah-energi-kita.html

    ReplyDelete