Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pleasure Unbound Review


Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione


She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life.

Two lovers will dare to risk all...

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul...




I loved this book! People have been telling me to read Larissa's books, but I was swamped with other things to read, so I told them I'll wait. I really wish I'd have picked them up when they told me to!

I love the fact that there were more than just demons. There were sub-species of demons. Probably hundreds of different kinds of demons in this book, and they all had different traits, looks, powers and history. I also love that Larissa put the brothers, Ediolon, Wraith and Shade, in a hospital. They all have diffrent powers but they are kind of based around healing.

I've never read a book like this. I love paranormal books. I love romance books, and I love nurse/doctor/ER/hospital books. This ONE book has all three of those. It's my dream come true, really.

Oh, and the romance. Most books jump into a romance but not this one. Tayla gives Eidolon a run for his money and life, literally.

It's action, it's fantasy, it's romance, it's heartbreak and it's 5 big, bright and shiny stars from me.
To read an excerpt of the book, go here and scroll down to the bottom of the page.


***FYI: I have updated my 2009 Book List with this book. At the end over every month I will post the full lsit of books I've read in the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment